[antlr-interest] libantlr3c version

John Ridgway john.ridgway at trincoll.edu
Mon Aug 20 09:03:08 PDT 2007

Friends -
Is there a good reason why the Antlr 3 C runtime library is built
with the -avoid-version flag?  I'm trying to build a Fink package
description for it, and Fink wants the version information in the
library.  If there's a good reason then I'll document it and leave it
alone.  If there's no good reason is there a chance that it will get
changed?  What would the appropriate versioning information be --
since I can patch things for the Fink installation.

For those who don't know -- Fink provides an easy way to install a
lot of useful software on MacOS X boxes, but it needs appropriate
packaging information.

Peace
- John