[antlr-interest] Antlrworks BUG? --- Do I note bugs here?

Buck, Robert rbuck at verisign.com
Mon Aug 27 04:31:11 PDT 2007

Hi Waverly,

Beware of cutting and pasting any text from Microsoft products; many
Microsoft products exhibit this behavior. There are many characters that
Microsoft automatically convert from US-ASCII (< 0x7f) to other
characters in the spec. Microsoft often treats characters in the Unicode
spec as a general grab bag of "glyphs" to coerce fancier fonts in a
document, rather than having the user change the font of the text
itself. Some would argue this is a serious design flaw of their
products; I think you will find that Microsoft will call it a "feature".

When I worked back at MathWorks on MATLAB, customers frequently ran into
this, sometimes on a daily basis.

Good luck,

Bob