[antlr-interest] "Alternatives unreachable" error when generating lexer/parser

Warner Onstine warnero at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:40:44 PDT 2007

Final issue. This one hasn't been a show-stopper, but I would like to
clean this up before declaring that I'm done (or at least done enough
;-). When I generate my grammar I continue to get these errors:

[INFO] Processing grammar
C:\java\projects\chama-antlr2\src\main\antlr\Model.g warning(200):
C:\java\projects\chama-antlr2\src\main\antlr\Model.g:51:67: Decision
can match input such as "'}'" using multiple alternatives: 1, 2

As a result, alternative(s) 2 were disabled for that input
warning(201): C:\java\projects\chama-antlr2\src\main\antlr\Model.g:51:67:
The following alternatives are unreachable: 2

And again a quick thanks to everyone who has helped me out, I greatly
appreciate it!

-warner

--
Warner Onstine - Programmer/Author