[antlr-interest] hidden tokens vs channels

Putrycz, Erik Erik.Putrycz at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Aug 31 08:45:24 PDT 2007

I'm trying to migrate a Cobol grammar from antlr 2.7 to antlr 3. I was using hidden tokens for comments and this was rather nice to use because I was able to "attach" comments to other tokens. And this was easy to use with the AST.
Now with channels, there isn't anymore this method of "attaching" tokens. How could I do something similar?

Erik Putrycz, Ph.D - Research Associate
Institute for Information Technology - Software Engineering Group
National Research Council, Canada - Building M-50, 1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1A 0R6