[antlr-interest] Line delimted grammar

Thad doctlo-antlr at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 10:14:14 PST 2007

For a certain project I am working on I need to parse
a complex configuration file.

Two propeties of the file are: it is line delimited,
and blank lines are ignored.

I tried to do this a while ago and encountered
problems with the line delimitaion.

Can someone recommend a simple antlr example for a
line delimited language with blank lines ignored? ( It
seems to be the combination of the two that causes me
problems. )

If you can't then can someone post a grammar for a
simple language? Something like:
each program is a list of statements, statements are
one line, whitespace is ignored, blank lines are
ignored, anything after a # is a comment, lines of the
form letter=integer are statements?

Thanks
Thad

PS.
Is there some simple way to search the archives for
old messages? I can help but think that there is
something on line delimited grammars in there.