[antlr-interest] Question about Antlr grammar

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Fri Dec 21 13:05:45 PST 2007

Il giorno ven, 21/12/2007 alle 12.59 -0800, Terence Parr ha scritto:
> On Dec 21, 2007, at 12:55 PM, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
>
> > Out of curiosity, can someone explain why in Antlr some "keywords"
> > have
> > a leading @ and some haven't? Why @begin but not @scope?
>
> @ "at" is for "action"

Like in "actions are blocks of text written in the target language"?
Then I understand why we have @headers or @members. Thank you very much.
(But.. mm.. why not @scope? :)

Btw, I received the book today; I hightly suggest buying it to anybody
using antlr. Great work Ter.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         http://people.initd.org/fog
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
 To prepare such test data, I get into the meaniest, nastiest frame of
  mind that I can manage, and I write the cruelest code I can think of;
  then I turn around and I embed that in even nastier constructions
  that are almost obscene.                                  -- D.E.Knuth