[antlr-interest] Development of an XQuery parser with full-text extensions, project report

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Tue Dec 25 13:25:38 PST 2007

Terence Parr schrieb:

> On Dec 25, 2007, at 10:23 AM, Johannes Luber wrote:
>>  FYI, in ANTLR 3.1
>> all automatic recovery has been removed - at least it should happen
>> there.
>
> Actually, it will be there no problem.  Rule-level recovery will be
> default but within-rule recovery should be turned off.  Can turn it back
> on with a simple method override.

Can you give an example to explain the difference between both
situations and why the differentiation makes sense?

>> A glance into Lexer.java tells me that nextToken() still has the
>> same unfortunate behaviour with no added throws-clause. Maybe Ter didn't
>> get to it yet.
>>

> remind me which issue we're talking about again?

nextToken() catches RuleMismatchException (could be another kindof
exception), so it doesn't declare that it throws RuleMismatchException.
But there are instances, where someone wants overwrite nextToken() with
rethrowing the exception - and can't.

Johannes