[antlr-interest] Development of an XQuery parser with full-text extensions, project report

Guntis Ozols guntiso at latnet.lv
Thu Dec 27 07:00:16 PST 2007

> I think the current handling is good,  I think in most cases the most
> sensible thing to do is to record errors but keep parsing so this
> should be the default. It should (as I believe it currently is) be
> easy to throw a runtime exception on error to abort parsing.
> (...)
> Tom.

It's not good. It should be possible to attach error-listener/handler
to lexer/parser from API, and recover if this listener/handler says so
(for example, recover from first 100 errors), otherwise fail.
If there is no listener/handler - fail!

Will you be hapy with a database tool which happily deletes all rows from
the table because of misspelled where clause (on the way, printing humble
error message somewhere on the server console),
what kind of reliability is that?

Guntis