[antlr-interest] Memory issue while lexer initialization

elango m go2elango at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 06:19:51 PST 2007

Hi,

I have a memory issue when I create an instance of the lexer (new
MyLexer(new ANTLRStringStream("expression")). The following code in the
lexer creates instances of short[] with a huge data, consuming more than 25
Mb. I don't understand why it requires such a huge memory. Any help is
appreciated.

    static {
        int numStates = DFA14_transitionS.length;
        DFA14_transition = new short[numStates][];
        for (int i=0; i<numStates; i++) {
            DFA14_transition[i] = DFA.unpackEncodedString
(DFA14_transitionS[i]);

Thanks,
--Elango M