[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 or 2.7 for new project?

Bert Williams gilbert.williams at prosync.com
Fri Feb 2 08:10:52 PST 2007

Greetings:

It appears that the ANTLR tool may be just the ticket for a small parsing
application, supplanting the old-fashioned hand-coded recursive descent
method I was going to use.

Questions for the list:

1.	Should I start out using 2.7 or the newly released 3.0?  I have
never used this tool, but do understand its potential.  A little guidance
before I get started would be greatly appreciated.
2.	I looked for a ANTLR grammars for Posix/Perl regular expressions.
It should not be difficult to generate this, but I would certainly rather
stand on the shoulders of giants than start from scratch.  Anyone got one of
these that they can share?

Thanks and have a great day!

Gilbert T. Williams

ProSync Technology Group, LLC