[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 or 2.7 for new project?

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Fri Feb 2 12:31:41 PST 2007

At 05:10 3/02/2007, Bert Williams wrote:
>    * Should I start out using 2.7 or the newly released 3.0?  I
> have never used this tool, but do understand its potential.  A
> little guidance before I get started would be greatly
> appreciated.
It depends a bit on which language you intend to use.  If it's
Java, then you won't have any trouble with either version, since
that's ANTLR's "native" language and so is always up to
date.  Several of the other languages for 3.0, however, are out of
date or completely nonexistent, which would make using them a bit
tricky :)  So if you're using one of those languages then you
might be better off sticking with 2.7 for now, since it's more
mature.