[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.0b6 --Debug Mode Gets Infinite Loop

Bert Williams gilbert.williams at prosync.com
Fri Feb 16 16:00:25 PST 2007

Greetings:

When I compile my grammar without the -debug flag, I get a lexer/parser that
completes.  The lexer/parser hangs in an infinite loop if I add the -debug
flag.  Use of the -trace flag appears to cause no change in behaviour.

I do have to use the backtrack=true option in places and I do get the
"non-LL(*) DFA 9" message several times during the build.

I did not find this problem in the ANTLR issue tracking system.

If this is not a known issue, I can provide the grammar and test program to
support analysis.

Bert Williams.