[antlr-interest] v3 island grammar status

Martin d'Anjou martin.danjou at neterion.com
Mon Feb 19 11:41:14 PST 2007

What is the status on
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/island+grammar+formalization

Is there any chance that island grammar solutions ever become easier than
this solution:
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/display/ANTLR3/Island+Grammars+Under+Parser+Control

I have a lexer-only solution, but it has lots of multiple alternatives due
to the same tokens that need to be recognized in some sections of the
input, and ignored in other sections of the input. For example:

function
int float
float int int

here is random input, this line can be skipped including mentions of float
and int which won't matter until after the we see the explicit token for
end of a function and a new function start.

endfunction

function
float
int