[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3 output=AST for tree parser?

Kay Roepke kroepke at classdump.org
Mon Feb 26 03:38:11 PST 2007

On Feb 26, 2007, at 12:27 PM, Mark Bednarczyk wrote:

> Hi Kay,
> 	I'm jumping in here a bit late, but tree rewritting is implemented
> in b6. I'm using it in my grammar heavily.

Yes, for parsers spitting out ASTs rewriting (from a token stream to
a tree) is supported.
But it is not supported for *tree* parsers, i.e. having a tree parser
that modifies trees by using ANTLR's rewrite syntax.
That is what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear enough in that.

> I also have the 1.5 grammar compiled and working as well.

Cool, then it shouldn't be a problem for OP to get what he wants :)

cheers,

-k
--
Kay Röpke