[antlr-interest] antlrworks and ratpoison don't work well together

Martin d'Anjou martin.danjou at neterion.com
Tue Feb 27 12:39:42 PST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Martin d'Anjou wrote:
>> You might be able to see whether this is doing what you want by putting
>> this example in ANTLR works and clicking on the lexer rule. It will show
>
> I'd love to but ANTLR works 1.0b8 and 1.0b9 do not work for me. Dialogs and
> pop ups are all blank and I don't know how to fix that. For good or for
> worse, I'm stuck debuging with printf.
>
> BTW, I invoke antlrworks this way:
> /work/java/jdk1.5.0_11/bin/java -Xmx512m -jar antlrworks-1.0b9.jar
>
> My CLASSPATH is empty. Maybe I'm missing a jar dependency?

Okay, I figured out my antlrworks problem... I use the ratpoison window
manager. On KDE the pop ups are not blank, and I was able to observe they
are not pop ups, they are detached windows (like the "input" window),
though the splash screen was blank on KDE. FYI, this is CentOS on a linux
machine. I would not bother with it, the probably small audience does not
justify it.

Martin