[antlr-interest] StringTemplate approach applied to ANTLR?

Wigg, J D wiggjd at lsbu.ac.uk
Fri Jan 5 09:23:56 PST 2007

Hello,

I agree in principle with Jose's suggestion (though I think templates
are using a sledge hammer to crack a nut!).

My approach in CPP_parser was to sub-class my application code to keep
it separate from the parsing code. This is quite easy to do, though it
still requires function calls from the .g file via CPPParser.cpp etc.
which can be controlled by #if statements. It is quite easy then to
remove my application code from the parser .g file by deleting these
#if blocks to enable the parser to be used by someone else for
different purposes. Don't forget that most application code will be
buried *somewhere inside* their  productions.

Anyone interested in doing this for other languages can look at my
ReadMe text. CPP_parser is coded in C++.

David Wigg.

Message copied from antlr-interest Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9

Message: 1