[antlr-interest] v3: Using ANTLR with ColdFusion

Mark Mandel mark.mandel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 21:00:14 PST 2007

Just a note to let you guys know I'm having a blast using ANTLR with ColdFusion.

I've written then beginnings of my HQL like syntax for my ColdFusion
ORM, and it's been absolutely brilliant.

Basically, I generated my Lexer and Parser with it, and my Parser
outputs my AST.

I can't generate a tree parser with ANTLR due to the fact I need some
information that is available only in ColdFusion objects, which I
can't query from inside Java.

But rolling my own tree parser is so easy regardless when using the
type values as they are found against the Parser already generated by
ANTLR.  It's just a case of recursively travelling through the AST and
doing what I need as I travel down.

Honestly, couldn't be easier.

Just thought I would share.

Mark