[antlr-interest] Can't find template tokenRefRuleRoot.st

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Mon Jul 2 10:53:56 PDT 2007

On Monday 02 July 2007 10:42, Cameron Palmer wrote:
> What is the best way to troubleshoot this error? I know it has
> something to do the output template but I can't figure out what. I
> have been looking at diffs of working code and broken code and can't
> place what changed.
>
> java org.antlr.Tool SDFWalker.g ANTLR Parser Generator  Version 3.0
> (May 17, 2007) 1989-2007
>
> error(10):  internal error: SDFWalker.g :
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find template
> tokenRefRuleRoot.st

So far, every time I've seen that or a similar diagnostic, it has been
because I inadvertently mixed explicit tree builder notation (->
^( ... )) with operator-driven tree bulding (the ! and ^ suffixes on
element of a rule's right-hand side).

It's too bad you don't get a line number on those diagnostics.

Randall Schulz