[antlr-interest] [v3] Lack of documentation

scott at javadude.com scott at javadude.com
Mon Jul 2 15:31:04 PDT 2007

Ter can do no wrong, eh? Fanboys... sheesh...

Quite simply, I am saying the following:

* I am _not_, nor did I, "demand" anything
* The basic docs of the tool are not free
* The tool isn't completely usable without the book
* Therefore, claiming ANTLR is open source is wrong

At the point I was writing the eclipse plugin for v3, I couldn't find the
info I needed for a few things anywhere *but* the book.

I didn't mind supporting Ter's work, so I bought the book.

I saw this thread and decided to add my 2c, in a very civil manner.
Ter jumped all over my ass, and the fanboys are spinning like crazy.

Why do I bother?
-- Scott