[antlr-interest] Debugging doesn't work with grammar

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Thu Jul 5 14:41:29 PDT 2007

Hi!

The attached grammar doesn't work quite right. In the C# version of the
grammar the lexer doesn't recognize a valid grammar of my own and
complains in ACTION_STRING_LITERAL, that it can't find a closing quote
sign till the end of the file. And with another one I get the following
exception:

"A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException'
occurred in Antlr3.Runtime.dll"

Testing a Java version of the file with the same input as for the
exception results, that the remote debugger doesn't connect with parser
(mind you, I've used the normal debug menu here). As it is a grammar
adapted from Terence' work I'm at a complete loss. I didn't change the
basic structure so I suppose that either the grammar has an error or
ANTLR itself. I've attached the Java version of the grammar for your
perusal.

Best regards,
Johannes Luber