[antlr-interest] learning tree grammar

Lloyd Dupont ld at galador.net
Tue Jul 10 05:24:38 PDT 2007

Never mind, my own syntax error, nothing to worry about.

  From: Lloyd Dupont
  Subject: [antlr-interest] learning tree grammar

  in the book there is an example with rewrite and label which is like that:

  ==
  prog: main=method others+=method* -> ^(MAIN $main) $others* ;
  ==

  I have tried a few variation in a test program like:
  ===
  grammar TreeTest;

  options {output=AST;}
  tokens{ MAIN; }

  r : first=atom others+=atom* -> ^(MAIN $first) $others*;
  atom :  ID | INT;
  op : PLUS|MINUS;
  ID : 'a'..'z' + ;
  INT : '0'..'9' +;
  PLUS :  '+';
  MINUS : '-';
  WS : (' ' |'\n' |'\r' ) {$channel=HIDDEN;} ;
  ===
  with input such as
  ===
  23 jhkl 34 hjk 34
  ===

  yet my resulting tree only the first 2 tokens: '23' and 'jhkl' (according to ANTRWorks debugger at least).
  how could I include all the remaining token in the produced tree?!?!