[antlr-interest] Meaning of error message: expecting EOA, found 'Q'

Don Maier dMaier at genome.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 10 16:54:05 PDT 2007

Hi Kay,

The rule in question is:

------------------------------

/* A quote-bracketed sequence of non-quote characters, though
permitting embedded
* escaped quotes in the forma of '\"'.  The content is the character
string
* between the quotes, which may contain leading and trailing spaces,
tabs,
* carriage returns, or newlines.
*/
/*
QUOTED_CONTENT
	: Q (options {greedy=false;} : (~(Q|'\\'Q)))* Q
	;

Is it possible that this somehow affects the tree parser, but not the
basic parser?

In any event, thanks for your interest in this problem!

Regards,
Don M.