[antlr-interest] ANTLR & Scala?

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Thu Jul 12 07:55:35 PDT 2007

Hi,

By any chance does anyone here use ANTLR with Scala
(<http://www.scala-lang.org/>) or know of someone or some project that
does?

I did some looking and couldn't find anything, so I imagine that if it's
happening, it's proprietary, but I thought I'd ask, just the same.

And if it hasn't been done, how much work is involved in retargeting
ANTLR to a new target language? I doubt I could justify the effort (I'm
not even sure it's the right approach for me, yet), but perhaps my
intuitive sense of the magnitude of the task is way off.

It's also the case that I know very little about Scala as of yet, but
some of its characteristics suggest it might be a good choice for some
upcoming work I need to do.

Thanks.

Randall Schulz