[antlr-interest] ANTLR & Scala?

Hardy, Stephen Stephen_Hardy at rabbit.com
Thu Jul 12 19:27:31 PDT 2007

> > > The programming world needs better languages, and I'll put my
money
> > > on those grounded in computing theory, mathematical formalisms and
> > > logical principles, any day!
> >
> > Yeah well it'd be good if we could stop rowing and climb the tree
> > once in a while ( or else even just spend time mixing our metaphors
> > completely ;-) )
>
> Mixing? I'm not sure what the metaphors are, mixed or not!

It was clear to me that he meant "programmers prefer writing new code
100 times more than debugging old code" thus we are forever stuck with
new you-beaut features which almost work.

The objectionable thing to me was that he included a lexically complete
smiley at the end of a parenthesized phrase.  Personally, I let the
closing paren double up (as in :-) else it appears as a double chin
smiley.  Is this a rule that is parsable using LL(*)?

Regards,
SJH