[antlr-interest] Problems debugging large grammar in Visual Studio 2005

troy runkel trunkel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 08:37:51 PDT 2007

I'm using ANTLR v3 and the C target.  I have a large grammar file
(2500 lines) which builds into an even larger C parser file (107000
lines).  When debugging the generated parser in Visual Studio 2005, if
I attempt to step into a function located in the bottom half of the
file the debugger won't display the correct source location.  This
behavior is fairly consistent.  I can step through/into functions in
the top half of the file without problems.  As soon as I step into a
function in the bottom half of the file the debugger displays
incorrect source information.  I can debug at the assembly level, but
that's a bit of a pain.

I realize this is more of a compiler issue than an ANTLR issue, but
before I attempt to navigate through the labyrinth of Microsoft
technical support I thought I'd check here first.  Has anybody seen
this sort of behavior?  Thanks.

Troy Runkel