[antlr-interest] new action syntax proposal

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Fri Jul 13 18:13:04 PDT 2007

El 14/7/2007, a las 2:24, Kay Roepke escribió:

> It should definitely be something with curlies, since they are
> actions.

I agree that it should involve curlies because we're talking about
actions.

I don't really like the double-curly idea ({{}}), partly for
aesthetic, "gut feeling" reasons, partly because the target language
could itself conceivably use double curlies inside actions.

Of all the proposals so far, I instantly liked the one to prefix the
action like this: @{ ... }

I think it fits in very nicely with the existing uses of @ in @init,
@after etc.

And @ almost looks like "a", and "a" is for "always" so there's a