[antlr-interest] Internal error from ANTLR 3.0 when parsing .g file containing '!' without AST generation enabled.

Sam Ellis sam.ellis at arm.com
Sun Jul 15 04:55:19 PDT 2007

When converting an ANTLR 2 grammar to ANTLR 3 I came across the following
internal error exception:

[java] ANTLR Parser Generator  Version 3.0 (May 17, 2007)  1989-2007
[java] error(10):  internal error: XYZ.g :
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find template tokenRefBang.st
[java]
org.antlr.stringtemplate.StringTemplateGroup.lookupTemplate(StringTemplateGr
oup.java:485)

Searching the mailing list I saw that this was reported a year ago on an
early access 3.0 release:
http://www.antlr.org/pipermail/antlr-interest/2006-April/016122.html

The cause is as stated in the earlier post; I was using '!' without AST
generation enabled. I only mention this again because it looks like this was
not fixed for the 3.0 final release, and I can't see it mentioned in the bug
tracker (and nor do I see how to raise a new bug report).

--
Sam Ellis, RVDK Team Leader,
DevSys Product Engineering Group,          Tel: +44 (0) 1223 400516
Cambridge, CB1 9NJ                         mailto:Sam.Ellis at arm.com

--
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.