[antlr-interest] (error)Reference to TreeAdaptor and Common Tree are ambiguous.(newbie)

ali azimi aliaazimi at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 13:11:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

  I have produced a Lexer and a Parser. When I try to implemnt them Using java netBeans, I face some error message as following:

  C:\MyProjects\Final Project\src\finalprojectsim2\FinalProjectSim2Parser.java:74: reference to TreeAdaptor is ambiguous, both class org.antlr.runtime.tree.TreeAdaptor in org.antlr.runtime.tree and class org.antlr.runtime.TreeAdaptor in org.antlr.runtime match
      protected TreeAdaptor adaptor = new CommonTreeAdaptor();

  and

  C:\MyProjects\Final Project\src\finalprojectsim2\FinalProjectSim2Parser.java:139: reference to CommonTree is ambiguous, both class org.antlr.runtime.tree.CommonTree in org.antlr.runtime.tree and class org.antlr.runtime.CommonTree in org.antlr.runtime match
          CommonTree tree;

  According to the error messages I have two classes of “TreeAdaptor” and two classes of “CommonTree” one in "org.antlr.runtime.tree" and one in "org.antlr.runtime". But I have just one class which is called TreeAdaptor and one class which is called “CommonTree” and both are located in "org.antlr.runtime.tree". So why do I get these errors?

  Thank you so much in advance.

  Best wishes,

  Al