[antlr-interest] ANTLR for syntax-directed editors

Richard Clark rdclark at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:09:50 PDT 2007

I experimented with this with ANTLR 2.x and stuck it on the back
burner when it was going to be too hard to get true syntax
information. I got as far as using the lexer to perform syntax
coloring of the text.

However, with ANTLR 3, I've thought about building a code generation
template that makes the lexer and parser emit data for the editor. But
I haven't done it yet (too many projects have a higher priority.)

By the way, ANTLR hated it when I provided a partial line of input
without a proper EOF marker. I had to write a custom input buffer that
provided the EOF for me.

 ...Richard