[antlr-interest] Unicode support in both v2.7 and v3

YiQing Yang yiqing at objectivity.com
Fri Jun 1 17:15:07 PDT 2007

 Hi,

I am trying to use ANTLR to generate a query parser in C++. Since C++ is not
supported yet by v3, I am trying v2.7.6 right now.  I would like to know how
the Unicode is supported in both v2.7 and v3.  Does it support the input
stream which is a wchar_t*? Which UTF encoding formats does it support
(UTF8, UTF16, UTF32)? From the Reference Manual for v2, it seems that
Unicode is not fully supported yet and claims that v3 will have a better
Unicode support. Is Unicode fully supported in v3?

I am new to ANTLR. Sorry if those questions have been answered before.

Thanks,

Yiqing Yang