[antlr-interest] [v3] parser rules are final

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Fri Jun 8 02:38:54 PDT 2007

Wincent Colaiuta wrote:
> El 8/6/2007, a las 10:22, Sven Efftinge escribió:
>
>> 2nd Question:
>> Is there a way to say Antlr not to add the final keyword?
>
> ANTLR's output is generated using StringTemplate. If you dare, you could
> try tweaking the Java template to tailor the output as you desire, then
> rebuilding ANTLR. I believe this is the template that you'd need to modify:
>
> <http://fisheye2.cenqua.com/browse/antlr/src/org/antlr/codegen/templates/Java/Java.stg?r=3682>
>

> But I imagine it's a non-trivial task, and any change to the template
> could have unanticipated ripple effects, so is not to be taken lightly...

It isn't necessary to rebuild ANTLR. The StringTemplate files are
entirely independent (with the exception of the data model) from ANTLR.
I suppose that it is only necessary to find in Java.stg the template
which is responsible for the parser code and remove there the final
keyword. A simple search for final in Java.stg should show the suitable one.

Best regards,
Johannes Luber