[antlr-interest] Grammar from BNF

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Fri Jun 8 08:18:52 PDT 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007 07:11, Fabio Maulo wrote:
> Create a ANTLR lexer&grammar from a formal BNF like this
> http://savage.net.au/SQL/sql-2003-2.bnf , is a good or a bad idea ?
> With a so grained lexer, how many slow will be the parser ?
> Is it a good thing for token recognizer ?

I think you could cobble together a transliterator fairly easily.

In fact, you could probably write an ANTLR-based tool to perform the
transliteration...

There do appear to be quite a few notations "See the Syntax Rules."

Otherwise, it's probably amenable to efficient treatment by ANTLR or
other parser generators.

> Thanks.
> Fabio.

Randall Schulz