[antlr-interest] IntelliJ plug-in fails to save file

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Wed Jun 13 18:29:57 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 17:39, Terence Parr wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2007, at 5:32 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 June 2007 10:11, Terence Parr wrote:
> >>
> >> Hmm...yeah, and the larger the version, the slower.  And new bugs
> >> replace old ones. ;)
> >
> > By the way, does that apply to _all_ software? ANTLR included?
>
> ha! ;) LOL.  Well, could be.  I've tried to avoid the "second system"
> affect [Brooks, Mythical Man Month].

Oh, yeah. I know about it.

Funny story: A few years back, I had a disk crash wipe out months worth
of work (yeah, yeah, what kind of programmer doesn't do back-ups—this
kind, apparently) and when I reimplemented all the work I'd lost back
to the most recent back-up, the result was distinctly superior. The
whole project was largely experimental, and I could use what I'd
learned the first time around to make the second attempt better.

I believe in progress. The new is often better than what it replaces.
Not always, but then, not all engineers are good ones.

> That said, it's the best IDE I've ever used. :)  that's why i like
> it.  I put up with quirks to get the right functionality.

You mean IDEA? I'd have to agree. But then, of all the many I've tried,
it's the only one worth using at all!

> Ter

Randall Schulz