[antlr-interest] Emitting (additional) imaginary tokens in the C target

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Thu Jun 14 04:41:47 PDT 2007

At 23:25 14/06/2007, Wincent Colaiuta wrote:
 >Actually, emitNew emits an existing token and emit
 >constructs a new token:
 >
 >static void emitNew         (pANTLR3_LEXER lexer,
 >pANTLR3_COMMON_TOKEN token)
[...]
 >static pANTLR3_COMMON_TOKEN
 >emit        (pANTLR3_LEXER lexer)

Innnteresting.  In the version I've got it's the other way around
(but then I haven't downloaded the release yet; I still have one
of the betas):

static void  emit (pANTLR3_LEXER lexer, pANTLR3_COMMON_TOKEN
token);
static void  emitNew(pANTLR3_LEXER lexer,  ANTLR3_UINT32 ttype,
             ANTLR3_UINT64 line,     ANTLR3_UINT32 charPosition,
             ANTLR3_UINT32 channel,
             ANTLR3_UINT64 start,    ANTLR3_UINT64 stop
               );

The names make more sense to me this way around.  Though I guess
it makes life easier not having to pass in all those parameters :)