[antlr-interest] Newbie Question: what does missing attribute access on rule scope: e mean?

Henri De Feraudy feraudyh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 09:15:23 PDT 2007

Hi all,
    My grammar is dead simple:

  grammar Debug1;
  options{
language=CSharp;
}

  list   : e=element {foo($e);} (element)*;

element returns[object value] :
 INT {$value = (object)int.parse($INT.text);}|
 STRING {$value = (object)$INT.text;}
 ;

INT :
 ('0'..'9')+
 ;
STRING :
 '"'.*'"'
 ;

  Unfortunately I get the above error message (error 117) when I call on Generate Code.
  There doesnt seem to be any error message summary in The Definitive ANTLR Reference
  Whatsmore the console contains nothing after the message box appears.
  I also searched for attribute access in the Reference and found nothing.
  I guess this occurs because I am finding the Reference difficult to read, but any help would
  be most welcome.
  Henri