[antlr-interest] Generating XML from a antlr grammer!

Johannes Luber jaluber at gmx.de
Sun Jun 17 09:50:51 PDT 2007

Scott Stanchfield wrote:
> I was thinking of using eclipse's xsd libs to read a schema and generate an
> initial grammar (then later do some kind of grammar diffing).
>
> Hadn't even given thought to relax NG yet...

Personally, I consider XSchema of all W3C standards, I know of, the
worst. I've finished yesterday a book about Relax NG and I can say that
many restrictions in XSchema are unnecessary. It was like a revelation
to have the shackles removed, especially because XSchema would have
resulted in a convoluted and complex schema AND processing for my own
personal project. Interleaving groups that way, that <A1/> <B1/> <A2/>
<B2/> is allowed was a godsend for me. :)

Best regards,
Johannes Luber