[antlr-interest] Possible bug in code generated for Lexer?

Tim Clark timgclark at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 07:44:35 PDT 2007

Hi

I reported this before and got no response from anyone. Hopefully this time
I'll be more lucky.

I have the option:
     TokenLabelType=SL3Token

in my parser, where SL3Token extends CommonToken. [I want to save the name
of included file in the tokens.]

This lexer rule:

INCLUDE
    :    'include' (WS)? f=STRING ;

generates code like this:

  public final void mINCLUDE() throws RecognitionException {
        try {
            int _type = INCLUDE;
            SL3Token f=null;
            f = new CommonToken(input, Token.INVALID_TOKEN_TYPE,
Token.DEFAULT_CHANNEL, fStart190, getCharIndex()-1);
..... more stuff .....
}

which unfortunately is a Java error since it's trying to assign a
CommonToken to an SL3Token. I think this must be an Antlr  bug.

Regards