[antlr-interest] AntrlWork Debugger problem

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Fri Jun 22 13:52:18 PDT 2007

At 08:01 23/06/2007, Ronald Petty wrote:

>I am trying to walk through the AntlrWork demo and have hit a
>snag.  When you are doing the debugging demo, I can't enter input
>into "input".
>
>http://www.antlr.org/works/help/tutorial/calculator.html
>
>I keep clicking on the Input window and I can't type anything
>in.  If I go to the Interpreter window I can type expressions in
>the window.  Am I using the debugger incorrectly?  I am trying to
>type the number "2", using the calculator grammar.

See, that's the way I thought that panel worked at first as well
-- but it's not :)

The Input panel on the left *shows* you what portion of the input
has been successfully parsed thus far.  It's not where you enter
the input itself.

When you start debugging a separate dialog is supposed to pop up
with a big input field for the actual input data.  I've seen it a
few times, but then I've also had it *not* pop up a few times as
well.  I haven't played with debugging in AW enough to know what
makes it appear, and whether this is a bug or not.