[antlr-interest] Problem with Ruby code generation target

Benjamin Niemann pink at odahoda.de
Sat Jun 23 10:52:03 PDT 2007

Hi,

1115201006 at HotPOP.com wrote:

> I've a problem with the code generation in Ruby, where I try to generate
> code from the sample grammar Calculator.g (distribuited with the Antlr
> sources) I get this errors:
>
> [19:09:34] error(10):  internal error: group Ruby does not satisfy
> [interface
> ANTLRCore: missing templates [lexerRuleRefAndListLabel]
>
> [19:09:34] error(10):  internal error: group Ruby does not satisfy
> [interface
> ANTLRCore: mismatched arguments on these templates [charRangeRef(a, b,
> label), lexerRuleRef(rule, label, args, elementIndex),
> lexerMatchEOF(label, elementIndex), tree(root, actionsAfterRoot, children,
> nullableChildList)]
>
> there's a solution? a workaround?
> I've Antlrworks 1.0.2 on a linux box

Ruby from the 3.0 distribution is broken - don't know which version is
included in antlrworks. But Martin is currently working on it (commit
message from the perforce repository):

3843 by martin 23 June 2007, 03:13:50 -0500 (9 hours ago)
 - fixed calculator example
 - hidden channel is identified by :hidden symbol

So you may grab it from <http://fisheye2.cenqua.com/browse/antlr/>, build it
and (somehow) tell antlrworks to use that version. Or wait for the next
release.

HTH

--
Benjamin Niemann