[antlr-interest] More DOT Questions

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Fri Jun 29 15:04:01 PDT 2007

On Friday 29 June 2007 14:50, Terence Parr wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2007, at 2:43 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> >
> > What I want to know is what dot configuration and other processing
> > or transformation ANTLRWorks clearly does behind the scenes to get
> > the results it does.
>
> I'm pretty sure it calls ANTLR's DOTGenerator.  Just check the source
> I'd say.

Clearly that's not so, since when I take the output of DOTGenerator and
pass it to dot, the results are very different than those produced
within ANTLRWorks itself.

And as I wrote earlier, when I capture ANTLRWorks invocations of dot and
log the arguments its using, the only invocations I see look like this:

> 4 arguments:
>         "-Tdot"
>         "-o"
>         "/tmp/GrammarDOTTab50533.out"
>         "/tmp/GrammarDOTTab50532.in"

This means that ANTLRWorks appears to only be using dot to transform
one .dot file to another (-Tdot means produce DOT-format output).

> Ter

Randall Schulz