[antlr-interest] Using other lexer generator with ANTLR 3

FranklinChen at cmu.edu FranklinChen at cmu.edu
Wed Mar 7 14:56:43 PST 2007

I have ANTLR 2 projects that use a different lexer generator, e.g.,
JFlex, for reasons of performance and features (especially lexical
states).  It was trivial to hook up the JFlex-generated lexer with
ANTLR 2 generated parsers, by means of "implements TokenStream" and
just having ANTLR's nextToken() call JFlex's yylex().

But I see that in ANTLR 3, TokenStream is much, much more involved.  I
presume that there is therefore no plan to support non-ANTLR lexers to
use with ANTLR 3 parsers?

--
Franklin