[antlr-interest] ANTLR Project Google Summer of Code projects

Bernhard Schmalhofer Bernhard.Schmalhofer at gmx.de
Mon Mar 12 14:04:39 PDT 2007

Ahmed Mohombe schrieb:
>> http://www.antlr.org/summer-of-code/2007/index.html
>>
>> What ST projects should I add?  I guess a PyST update?
> IMHO at section "ANTLR v3 grammars" you should add:
> "PHP Grammar"
>
> At the moment theres *no* available PHP grammar in the entire Internet.
> Considering how many sites use it (almost 20M):
> http://www.php.net/usage.php
Well, there is phc at http://phpcompiler.org/. As far as I know they are
using a derivative
of the original yacc grammar.

My own pet project is Plumhead,
http://rakudo.org/parrot/index.cgi?plumhead . There I try
different parsing strategies for PHP. One of the currently three
variants is parsing with
Java parsers generated by ANTLR3. However these experimental parsers are
not very far yet.
Compilation target of Plumhead is PAST an abstract syntax tree for
Parrot, http://www.parrotcode.org/.

Regards,
  Bernhard