[antlr-interest] Resources for the black art of grammar building?

Seref Arikan serefarikan at kurumsalteknoloji.com
Tue Mar 13 02:56:17 PDT 2007

Hi there,
Just out of curiosity, I'd like to ask you about any resources that you
may know about grammars. There are many good books about compilers,
programming languages etc, but since the subject is a large one, most of
them contains a lot of information which are not focused on building
grammars. There are endless pages of information about parser
generators, ebnf notation etc.. but I have not seen any document that
considers grammar building as its focus. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong
places, or I'm not able to see what's in front of me, but in either
case, you can help me, if you know any good resources for the task. I am
looking for a resource that abstracts the grammar building process from
the background theory or tools. (If such a resource exists).
Any ideas?

Best Regards
Seref Arikan