[antlr-interest] related tool: XSugar

Monty Zukowski monty at codetransform.com
Mon Mar 26 11:11:10 PDT 2007

Actually it is BSD licensed.  You can contact the author for the source.

He uses an Earley parsing approach.

I love the concept, and the two way translation from source to target and back.

It is, however not nearly as general as ANTLR.  No arbitrary actions,
no semantic or syntactic predicates, and no tree manipulation.

I believe Møller was in the same group that did the metamorphic syntax
macro stuff, which I also admire, and which also relies on assumptions
such as LL(1) parsing.

Bringing in the full weight of ANTLR's lookahead analysis makes ANTLR
more powerful and yet not quite as malleable when it comes to things
like automatic two way transformation from source to target and back
(XSugar) and modular grammatical extensions that can detect conflicts
and issue appropriate warnings (Metamorphic syntax macros).

Monty