[antlr-interest] How to report bugs ?

Dave Cramer davec at postgresintl.com
Wed Mar 28 06:28:37 PDT 2007

On 28-Mar-07, at 4:12 AM, Martin Probst wrote:

>> I this case, I don't know whether the compiler will in-line the value
>> that is in effect while it runs or whether it will refrain from in-
>> lining
>> a value for that field.
>
> Eh, do you really think the people at Sun are not smart enough to
> realize that the File.separator field is system dependent and
> implement that in a way that is not going to break? I mean, they go
> on and implement a whole VM, platform independent language spec
> etc., and then they forget this? And no one notices in nearly 10
> years, up to this day?

Is this the same company that created a VM which does not honour the
order of operations thus creating the lazy initializer singleton
problem ?

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/java/memoryModel/DoubleCheckedLocking.html

For what it's worth Jean emailed me back and told me the bug was
fixed. I don't know what the issue was ?