[antlr-interest] Using ANTLRv3

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Fri May 4 02:42:45 PDT 2007

At 21:18 4/05/2007, Stefan wrote:
 >string	:	'"' (~'"')+ '"';
 >
 >D:\ANTLR\pliki>java org.antlr.Tool Test2.g
 >no such locale file
 >org/antlr/tool/templates/messages/languages/pl.stg
 >retrying with English locale
 >ANTLR Parser Generator  Version 3.0b7 (April 12,
2007)  1989-2007
 >error(139): Test2.g:3:16: set complement ~'"' is empty
 >warning(201): Test2.g:3:19: The following alternatives are
 >unreachable: 1
 >
 >What's wrong? I guess that I only mention the '"' character, so
 >the complement is empty. How do I specify the character set?

That sounds similar to a bug from somewhere between b6 and b7 --
it erroneously treated sequences of characters as sets.  That was
supposed to be fixed in b7, though, and yur later mention of
problems recognising EOF tokens etc are a bit odd.

Could you make a minimal-reproducing test case and post the entire
grammar here?  Maybe it's something odd elsewhere in the file...

Another option is to try upgrading to one of the daily builds, it
might help.