[antlr-interest] Lexer issue with Python target and predicates

Benjamin Niemann pink at odahoda.de
Fri May 18 01:09:25 PDT 2007

Hello,

Laurie Harper wrote:

> I have a grammar which is producing illegal Python code. Both semantic
> and syntactic predicates seem to trigger the incorrect code.
>
> [...]

That's fixed in the just released 3.0 - grab it, as long as it's fresh ;)

>[...] with the full grammar, the lexer is over 28Mb of Python (!) and
> can't be imported :-(

Yeah - the Python compliler seems to be pretty memory hungry. I had a 15MB
lexer and gave up after a few minutes with most of the swap memory being
allocated.

That's fixed now, too. Now I'm using compressed lookup tables, which are
uncompressed at runtime - just like Java, where .class files seem to have a
size limit.

--
Benjamin Niemann
Email: pink at odahoda dot de