[antlr-interest] Is "-debug" command line option broken with language=CSharp?

Micheal J open.zone at virgin.net
Fri May 25 03:12:15 PDT 2007

Hi Takashi,

Thanks for the report.

> I want to build a parse tree with my grammar, and as my first
> step, I refer to this Wiki page:
> http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1760

[SNIP]...

> But when I compiled PParser.cs, I got 2 types of error messages:
>
> 1st:
> error CS0117: 'Antlr.Runtime.Debug.IDebugEventListener' does
> not contain a definition for 'location' (this error occurred 5 times)

Yes the debug codegen output was broken :(

It has now been fixed with respect to this issue:

http://fisheye2.cenqua.com/browse/antlr/src/org/antlr/codegen/templates/CSha
rp/Dbg.stg?r1=3676&r2=3787

> 2nd:
> error CS0103: The name 'nvae' does not exist in the current
> context (this erro occurred 1 time)
> C:\Work\AntlrExample\AntlrExample\PParser.cs(393,42): error CS0103: The
name 'nvae' does not exist in the current context

There is no entity named 'nvae' anywhere in the PParser.cs file. Is this a
real error?

Until the next "daily" build, you can grab the latest C# Dbg.stg template
group file from:

http://fisheye2.cenqua.com/browse/~raw,r=3787/antlr/src/org/antlr/codegen/te
mplates/CSharp/Dbg.stg

Micheal