[antlr-interest] Writing Delphi Target for Antlr3

Luke A. Guest laguest at archangeli.co.uk
Sat May 26 14:25:50 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-26 at 13:06 -0700, Jim Idle wrote:
> functions you have not written yet. I am thinking of producing a C-lite
> output, which does not require runtime and that might help new template
> authors.

This would be useful as long as it's not chocfull of macros, they make
things a lot harder to understand. Maybe a Pascal version as it's more
structured? Or possibly some other lite language? Maybe D-lite?

> What you are looking for here, as I think you have realized is the
> equivalent of this in C:
>
> {
> 	int x;
> 	{
> 		int y;
> 	}
> }
>
> It's been some time since even looked at a Pascal program, but does it
> allow:
>
> var
>   x: Integer;
>   begin
> 	var
> 	 y: Integer;
> 	begin
> 	end
>   end
>
> ?

Yeah, I thought Pascal could do it, it's been so long, I coutldn't be
sure. But the fact that Ada is Pascal like, it makes sense that it
should be able to do that.

Thanks,
Luke.