[antlr-interest] About generating classes as output

Austin Hastings Austin_Hastings at Yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 16:38:14 PST 2007

The ANTLR parser generates a pair of classes at output:  xxxParser.java
and xxxLexer.java, by default. This only changes if you change the
grammar declaration at the top of the file:

lexer xxx;    // Obviously no parser
tree parser xxx; // Just generates xxx.java, obviously no lexer

Once you have built a parser, you are free to use it however you want.
So if your "language" wants to generate multiple output files using
string templates, you are free to do so.

=Austin